Here I Am!

So here I am making my first post on this cooking/recipe blog. I've had a difficult time deciding whether to blend all of my blogs together into one or keep them separate. I'm still not sure what I want to do. I don't want to make a transition that would cause difficulty for my current subscribers, yet, I think it would be neat to have everything in one place. Ah well. We shall see where this leads.




By way of introduction..
For those who do not know me, my name is Michelle and I cook. I also clean but that's not really relevant here. There is a "Meet Michelle" page up there in the upper right corner.I do love cooking and I am a Southerner born in Tennessee, raised in Tennessee, Florida and Georgia. Southern food is what I know.

I have 5 children, 4 of whom love to cook. My son cooks just about anything and managed a kitchen for a few years.. My 21-year-old daughter loves making desserts (you'll find her recipes on this blog too). Her specialty is Tiramisu. Alexis, my 13-year-old just likes experimenting. But the person who spends the most time in the kitchen with me is my 8 year old, Lorelai. Her favorite thing to do in the kitchen is chop veggies. I have no idea why but she likes it and I let her do it (supervised of course!)


How this site came to be...
Many of the times that I post my menus on Facebook, I receive a request for a recipe. Therefore, I've done a lot of sharing of menus and recipes there. It's been suggested, repeatedly, that I build a site to share my cooking adventures with others.

VOILA! Here it is!

I guess this means I need to hone my photography skills. Sure I'm good at getting photos of nature and kids.. but food? It's an entirely new endeavor! So bear with me as I learn food photography!

I'm also interested in learning from YOU and receiving your feedback. In the meantime, I am off to make my first meal for a series of recipe posts!

Happy Cooking!

No comments: